Near Perth, in the Alexander Heights suburb of Wanneroo, Western Australia. More specific directions will be provided after registration.
NEW!!!! Online option
You can now enjoy the benefits of childbirth education even if you can not attend classes in person! The Student Workbook is now fully digital and able to be filled in digitally or can be printed (at your expense) and used the old-fashioned way! Online classes are held over Zoom and videos can be watched at your own leisure, between classes, from the online student centre.
Register for Our Childbirth Class!
Perhaps you have just begun this epic journey into parenthood, or maybe you are looking into pursuing this grand purpose; you may even be a seasoned expert simply looking for a little extra support and encouragement. No matter the reason that brought you here, we realise that it is YOUR BABY, YOUR BODY, & YOUR BIRTH and we want to help you reach YOUR GOALS!
What is included
- 12 weeks (30 classroom hours) of childbirth education
- Evidence-based information and education on breastfeeding from a Certified Bradley Method® Instructor with a Bachelor’s of Science in Maternal and Child Health, majoring in Lactation who is an experienced doula and lactation professional
- Education and support in nutrition, exercise, and communication
- Information on what to expect during pregnancy, labor, and birth
- Knowledge of procedures and interventions
- Knowledge of newborn procedures
- Postnatal preparation
- Education on postnatal care for mother
- How to stay low-risk
- Education on how to handle complications
- Comfort techniques
- Optimal Fetal Positioning techniques
- Training for the coach in providing labour support
- Detailed labour rehearsal
- Assistance in creating a birth plan
- What to do when birth happens in unexpected places (in the car on the side of the road for example!)
- Education on consumerism and taking control of your birth experience by making informed decisions on everything from selecting a birthplace and attendant to procedures and interventions used during labour and birth
- Classes are taught using a wide variety of interactive teaching methods and enhanced with audio/visual teaching aides
- Digital Student workbook
- Access to my lending library of books and DVDs
- Continuous access to me from sign-up through birth
- Birth doula services are available upon request and availability, if you wish to utilise my services please let me know as soon as possible since my doula calendar fills up quickly
- 1 free 1-hour Postpartum Lactation Consultation (can be completed online as well)
- And More!
Only $800 (please do not let cost discourage you from pursuing classes; payment plans, and partial to full scholarships are available on a case-by-case basis- I teach because I believe that EVERY family should have the opportunity for a natural birth.)